Parmesan Basil Farmhouse Crackers By Kari Lewis
- 1½ cup Gary’s True Grit™ Einkorn Flour
- 1½ teaspoons cream of tartar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1–2 tablespoons dried basil
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup water
- 1–2 drops Basil Vitality™ essential oil
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons organic evaporated cane juice crystals
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine first six ingredients and mix well. Add oil and stir until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add water and Basil Vitality and stir until a soft dough forms.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg, cane juice crystals, and vinegar. Set aside.
- Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll out very thin. Brush with egg mixture. Use cookie cutters to make any cracker shape you like or cut into squares with a paring knife. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, depending on size and thickness of your crackers, then broil until lightly browned.
- Store in an airtight container. If the crackers pick up moisture and lose their crispness, just bake them briefly in a 250°F oven for a few minutes.
COPYRIGHT (C) 2016 – ALL RIGHTS RESERVED – YOUNG LIVING